The 2018 Explorer Competition
has completed. We thank all participants and wish good luck to all teams! Judging will take place in late December.
The 2018 Premier Competition
has taken place on November 18, 2018, hosted in four countries. Results from across global sites will be available on this page after mid-December.
If you are a prospective contestant who cannot travel to the U.S. for the PUPC Onsite Test, the Physics Unlimited Premier Competition is an opportunity for you to exhibit your physics skills by completing the same work at the same time as students who would partake in PUPC at its original headquarters.
Physics Unlimited has inherited the international chapters formed by PUPC in 2015-2016.
The 2018 Premier Competition took place for students in the following countries:
- China: hosted by ASDAN China; see the China-based PUPC page for details
- Korea: hosted by KGSEA; see the Korea-based PUPC page for details
- Germany: hosted by the Freshman Institute - FH Aachen (Geilenkirchen)
- Turkey: hosted by Irmak Schools (Istanbul)
For our inaugural event we partnered with the Freshman Institute of FH Aachen in Germany and the non-profit organization ASDAN China
to help bring the event to more universities and schools within China.
Beginning November 2018, we are bringing the event to the Republic of Korea through the organization KGSEA
to reach Korean high school students.
The sites established in previous years through PUPC are currently listed on the PUPC Global
webpage; they will transition to this page as further re-organization takes place.
The following international locations have hosted the inaugural Physics Unlimited Premier Competition in November 2017 (through ASDAN China at the four locations in China):
- Freshman Institute - FH Aachen (Geilenkirchen, Germany)
- Beijing Jiaotong University (Northern Region, China)
- Southern University of Science and Technology (Southern Region, China)
- Shanghai World Foreign Language Academy (Eastern Region, China)
- Confucius International School Chengdu (Western Region, China)
If you are a representative of an institutuion of higher education and would like to bring the PUPC experience to your location, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work with you on bringing this opportunity to fruition.
This page will be updated periodically as details about new international sites emerge.